[Gloucs] KDE problems.

Geoff Bagley geoff.bagley at btinternet.com
Sat Nov 28 09:43:08 UTC 2009

I use my computer for various purposes,  but  I find KDE4 to be a hindrance.
My son has already declared for Gnome !

My main gripe is too much distracting eye-candy and artistic graphical
rubbish,  and my inertia in
finding out how to get rid of it.  That is not what my computer is for.
On KDE3  I have a plain Desktop of a constant colour,  with a few icons
and clear labels - just that.

There is undoubtedly some way of simplifying KDE4,  but I have other
fish to fry.
I now have to find the best way to get rid of the unwanted wallpaper
and get back to programming
( in Pascal,  LaTeX,  and Postscript )  and swapping keyboard maps
rather than fighting someone else's graphical  fancies.

I shall attempt to delete all the KDE4 stuff and install KDE3 again.  I
can cope with _that_ desktop.

Thanks for replies,

Geoff