[Gloucs] ANNOUNCE: GlosLUG April meeting

Glyn Davies glynd at walmore.com
Mon Apr 19 20:11:48 UTC 2010

Andrew Oakley wrote:
> On 18/04/2010, Glyn Davies <glynd at walmore.com> wrote:
>
>> The next GlosLUG meeting will be on Tuesday April 20th at Message Labs,
>> Gloucester.
>> This month Andrew Oakley will talk about his experience with lightweight
>> desktops such as LXDE, Openbox, Fluxbox, IceWM, JWM etc.
>>

> Er... there has been a misunderstanding.
>
> I would like to talk about those subjects, but I don't have any
> knowledge of them. My email was to ask whether anyone else had such
> knowledge and would be willing to demonstrate.
>
> I can demonstrate LXDE and Openbox, but that's about it.
>
> I'm new to the subject so my talk will be very short - 15 minutes and
> you'll reach the end of my knowledge!
>
> Can anyone else join in please? Thanks.

Sorry Andrew. When someone offers a talk, however small, I'm inclined to
'jump on it'.

Thanks David for your offer. Gratefully accepted.

I'll talk on my 'Netgear hack' (which is not as exciting as it sounds)
but it may be of interest. It's more a very hacky script :)

Two caveats though:
One, that someone can provide me a laptop I can SSH from. May do an open
office presentation if I have time.
Two, as my toddler and other half are unwell I may not be able to make it.

--
Best Regards
Glyn Davies