[Gloucs] [OT] *GONE* Z88 free to good home - 1988 laptop

Andrew Oakley andrew at aoakley.com
Wed Jan 20 17:47:57 UTC 2010

I wrote:
>Cambridge Z88

Gone. Duncan has bagged it. Thanks.

Malcolm wrote:
>Museum of computing down in Swindon

Well, they only go for 20 quid on eBay inc. delivery, but the petrol
to get from my house to Swindon and back is more than 20 quid! The
Computer Museum at Bletchley Park already have one. They're neither
particularly rare nor particularly fondly remembered IMHO, although
there are some neat hacks of converted Spectrum games (Manic Miner and
Jet Set Willy IIRC). I've only got one because Shropshire Education
Authority bought loads of them, and my mum was issued one in her
capacity as LEA science co-ordinator (in addition to being a primary
school deputy head). By the mid 1990s they were literally chucking
them in the skip.

--
Andrew Oakley