[Gloucs] Change from KDE to Gnome.

Anthony Edward Cooper aecooper at coosoft.plus.com
Thu Jul 1 07:29:17 UTC 2010

I also am using Debian Lenny and have made the switch from KDE to Gnome
for the same reason. However I found Gnome slower than KDE 3 to start
up... At first.

Biggest improvement in speed was selecting a background other than the
Debian one that needs to be scaled down etc.... Then have a look at what
starts in the login session by using the session manager.

Its funny that still after all this time Gnome is still quite inferior
to KDE 3.5 (lack of desktop apps, ease of configuration and options for
configuration). However it now does what I need a desktop to do and it
does look *so* much nicer. KDE 3 looks old fashioned unless you have
something like RH's BlueCurve theme.