[Gloucs] Playing Video DVDs.

GEOFF BAGLEY geoff.bagley at btinternet.com
Tue Jun 8 19:31:57 UTC 2010

Hi Matthew.
Thanks for mail.

I firstly tried my other machine (Debian GNU/Linux Lenny) which already has
VLC installed.  "Access denied to /media/cdrom0"
I then mounted the disk at /mnt  and tried copying the files to Desktop.
I had no luck there,  so went back to Ubuntu.

I installed vlc (and numerous other files together).  Still no joy.
I could hear the disk being read,  but nothing on the Desktop in the normal manner.

Still trying.
I guess this disk may have DRM.

Geoff