[Gloucs] Next meeting.

Andrew Ford A.Ford at ford-mason.co.uk
Wed Mar 10 10:29:16 UTC 2010

Glyn Davies wrote:
> Andrew Oakley wrote:
>
>> Geoff Bagley wrote:
>>

>>> And is it about telephones ?
>>> I too have a spare Linksys SPA !
>>>

>> I wrote a basic "SPA3102 UK/BT howto" a couple of years ago:
>> http://www.aoakley.com/articles/2008-01-08.php
>>
>> That little box has saved me 40 quid a month, every month for two years.
>>

> Right,
>
> Sorry all for being late to the threads.
>
> So, do we have a talk for next week (16th)? Simon C, Andrew F, Andy C
> and Andrew O, are you able to throw something together (even if its a
> Linux version of a 'jamming session')? I'll stick it on the website, etc.
>
> So, what's the headline? Asterisk? IP Telephony? Embedded Linux? Or
> something from all three?

I had thought that I would bring a bag of kit:

    Alix AMD Geode system with FreePBX running on Centos (also running
dhcpd)
    Grandstream GXW4004 4-port analogue phone gateway and a couple of
analogue phones
    Aastra SIP phone
    hub and cables

I'll change all the passwords so that people can plug into the network
and play with the various bits - others would also be welcome to plug
other telephony devices into the network.

Andrew

--
Andrew Ford
South Wing Compton House