[Gloucs] New member

John Patrick nhoj.patrick at gmail.com
Tue Oct 19 10:12:10 UTC 2010

Matt,

I'll suggest you download vmware server (free) and Ubuntu 10.10 (free).

vmware, http://www.vmware.com/products/server/
Ubuntu, http://www.ubuntu.com/desktop/get-ubuntu/download

Install vmware, create a new virtual machine, during the creation it
will ask for a source. From memory it is the 2nd page and 2nd drop
down will allow you to select the an iso file, choose the Ubuntu iso
you downloaded.

This should give you a feel of Linux before installing on physical kit.

I'm suggestion Ubuntu 10.10 because it just had a release. The other
option is to check http://www.distrowatch.com and see which version
you like.

John