[Gloucs] Virtual hacking

matt robbins mrrobbins1 at live.co.uk
Thu Oct 21 16:31:01 UTC 2010

Hi Guys,

I've been attempting "hacking" into my windows xp os using my "virtual" linux ubuntu package.
when I scanned with nmap it gave me 3 open ports, 139, 135 and 2869
I then used Telnet to connect to the following ports and got these results;

port 135 hangs when i try to connect to it
port 139 disconnects me
port
 2869 is http but i have not a clue what commands to use and how i
should use them, I tried regular html etc but that did not work, it just
 disconnected me back to the linux ubuntu terminal program.

Any
help would be appreciated as i am trying to learn more about security. I
 thought the best bet would be to go on the "offensive" and learn to
hack succesfully against myself for a while using different methods,
then eventually I could go on the defensive and learn about preventative
 measures and test them against myself etc.

Regards,

Matt R