[Gloucs] Notebook install problems.

GEOFF BAGLEY geoff.bagley at btinternet.com
Thu Apr 28 14:18:40 UTC 2011

Dear Paul,
Very many thanks for your kind reply.
I have had a whole range of malfunction.  It would be good to tie things down one at a time.  The biggest priority is to be sure that the USB stick
is correctly prepared.
Could you please let me know the preferred site from which to download, and
any important settings I may have missed.
I have prepared the stick by formatting it using the Disk Utility on my main machine.  I have tried ext3 and ext4.  One worry is that the main machine is 64 bit.  I do have a separate machine which is 32 bit.
Then I used "startup disk creator".
If you could offer any caveats so far, I will make a fresh start to get an "iso" onto the stick.

I will then feel confident to tackle the netbook again !

Thanks in advance.

Geoff.
Malvern Wells
Worcs.