[Gloucs] Testing an email address.

C Fernando cumudiscus at gmail.com
Sat Dec 17 18:29:44 UTC 2011

Did the following search in Google Groups  with the search phrase ....
test "email address"

following..  resulted

"
validity of an *email *
* > address* without actually bothering the recipient?
> If not, is there another program able to do this operation?
> Thanks
> Horst

There are quite a few websites if it doesn't need to be a program:
http://verify-email.org/<http://www.google.com/url?sa=D&q=http://verify-email.org/&usg=AFQjCNGQh8fA_dccvfUVD5yt3G55FTUTRw>
http://www.graith.co.uk/verify_email_address.php<http://www.google.com/url?sa=D&q=http://www.graith.co.uk/verify_email_address.php&usg=AFQjCNEWCIp5PxQN7TJEEmFUwzLGAvVPdw>
http://www.yellowpipe.com/yis/tools/email-validator/verify_email.php<http://www.google.com/url?sa=D&q=http://www.yellowpipe.com/yis/tools/email-validator/verify_email.php&usg=AFQjCNHVTGe_RQxVNbe3YIInspGZWsuG6g>
http://www.email-unlimited.com/tools/verify-email.aspx<http://www.google.com/url?sa=D&q=http://www.email-unlimited.com/tools/verify-email.aspx&usg=AFQjCNGN9sAa2MGhfZ9pxOSBf8uz-Alhag>
There's an Add-On called ThunderPlunger:    " .... for  Mozilla  Sea
Monkey     "
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Verify_email_address<http://www.google.com/url?sa=D&q=http://kb.mozillazine.org/Verify_email_address&usg=AFQjCNH9D0W0xTW9s9Ii1Hz6StfIf_geLQ>
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/4390<http://www.google.com/url?sa=D&q=https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/4390&usg=AFQjCNGBsA66GxvBw2e7q5Ok-P8VsrXjaQ>"

A Happy Christmas  and a productive  New Year

CF

#  #  #