[Gloucs] Virtual machines.

GEOFF BAGLEY geoff.bagley at btinternet.com
Tue Feb 15 16:34:09 UTC 2011

Hi Matthew,
Many thanks for reply.

> Which machine do you use most? What do you use each for?
This has varied with time.  Originally Debian (since Woody) doing
mathematical calculations in Free Pascal, diagrams in Postscript,
papers in LaTeX, and lots of email.

Gradually, my wife began to get involved, and three grown up kids.
One of them bought a laptop with Ubuntu, so I did the same to give him support. My laptop was the same as his, but dual-boot.

Now I had to contend with YouTube, iPlayer, and general surfing, but

I also like to keep the Debian box "clean" Stallman-wise,  but that would not be possible on Ubuntu.

I have qemu installed, but nothing loaded yet.
I would like the virtualisation to be FLOSS rather than
commercial.

Best regards.

Geoff