[Gloucs] Website upload

Peter Ellis peter.ellis at finalhaven.org
Tue Jul 19 13:11:02 UTC 2011

On 18 July 2011 22:07, Glyn Davies <glynd at walmore.com> wrote:
> So, I have a webserver on my SLUG (lighthttpd) and it would seem
> simple to have a little page which allowed the Aussies to upload a zip
> of the photos to the SLUG.

Were it me I would tell them to download dropbox and use the link
sharing capabilities it provides (See https://www.dropbox.com/help/16
for the full details).

> Where do I start to achieve this (in the simplest, quickest way)?
>
> P.S. I know all about the NATting and the firewalling, etc. It's the
> easiest way to 'configure' the webserver.

Again were it me wanting to do this I would probably knock up a small
Django app with a FileField and ask them to use that but I have Django
set up and working already.  Otherwise I would go with Matthews idea
of a php file upload script and put htaccess authentication in front
of it.

--
Peter Ellis <peter.ellis at finalhaven.org>