[Gloucs] Hypervisors.

Geoff Bagley geoff.bagley at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 16:42:13 UTC 2011

I am sending this mail via my secondary ISP  (gmail).
My btinternet   mail server seems to be playing up.

Thanks to help from the list, I got a virtualbox-ose  hypervisor working OK
on an old 24 bit
Toshiba Tecra laptop,  and set up as virtual operating systems openSUSE and
WindowsXP.

The WindowsXP  did not provide full screen utilisation, with only 800 by 600
pixels, and a one-inch
margin all  round.  I have met this before with Ubuntus earlier than Natty.

My main machine is a 64 bit ASUS lapyop.
I would like to repeat the above experiment, but don't want to wreck my main
system.

Will a 32 bit hypervisor run on a 64 machine, or would this be risky ?

Best regards,

Geoff Bagley