[Gloucs] Perl Talks

Anthony Edward Cooper aecooper at coosoft.plus.com
Mon Jun 20 17:30:02 UTC 2011

Hi Mathew,

That's entirely up to you, I won't be setting exercises! :-) It depends on
your learning style. If fiddling around trying things out as I go is best
for you (I'm quite happy to adjust the pace accordingly - within reason)
then great yes by all means. If sitting back and watching and then
downloading the stuff later and playing around with it is better for you
then there is no need.

I will be using Perl 5.10 but I will be showing you stuff that works on
Perl 5.8.8 and above (in English that means what I show will work on any
Perl in the last 6-7 years or may be longer). If you do bring your laptop
then it is worth making sure that you have not only the Perl interpretter
but also the documentation (pod files and man pages).

After each talk I will post a download like with the contents of my perl
dir for people to download.

Hope this helps,

Tony.