[Gloucs] Video card on a new computer

Anthony Edward Cooper aecooper at coosoft.plus.com
Sat May 7 23:15:13 UTC 2011

NVidia is your best bet as NVidia support Linux and do their own
drivers. Intel seem to be well supported by the stock Intel device
drivers that come with Linux (or at least for the chip sets that I have
used it on). I would not touch ATI though. Linux support for quite a few
ATI cards is pretty bad and I think ATI don't support Linux any more.

I'd always go for NVidia and their drivers. Ubuntu and Debian have their
drivers in assorted repos.

Tony.