[Gloucs] June 2011 Meeting?

Anthony Edward Cooper aecooper at coosoft.plus.com
Thu May 19 07:43:28 UTC 2011

    Well I can do a series of small lightweight talks on Perl following
the brain dump one I did earlier. Take more time/slower pace/more detail
over certain general topics. It would cover the same ground as the last
one but in more detail and in more digestible chunks (4-5 0.5/one hour
talks may be). But when I suggested this after my last talk there was no
interest so I haven't mentioned it since. Also I am aware that this is
not a Glos Perl Mongers meeting either.

    But an informed talk on the viability of Linux as a desktop OS in
light of the two main desktops seemingly wanting to commit suicide and
do everything to alienate their fan base may be a good idea.

Tony.