[Gloucs] Another idea for a talk - was Re: Emacs - find-grep-dired case insensitivity

Andrew Ford A.Ford at ford-mason.co.uk
Wed May 25 06:13:51 UTC 2011

Phil's question suggests another idea for a talk.  I realize that I
started using Emacs in 1986, so I have now been using it for a quarter
of a century and essentially live in it at work.   I could give a
talk/demo on using Emacs, starting from the basics and including such
things as integration with compilers and debuggers, running shells and
sending email from within Emacs and a bit about customization (the list
goes on... and on).   Perhaps we could end with a discussion about the
relative merits of Emacs versus certain other editors ;-)   (note that
my second favorite editor is "ed" - and I mean that seriously!)

Andrew

--
Andrew Ford
South Wing Compton House, Compton Green,
Email:  A.Ford at ford-mason.co.uk