[Gloucs] Debian GNU/Linux

GEOFF BAGLEY geoff.bagley at btinternet.com
Sat Nov 5 11:46:35 UTC 2011

I had used Debian ever since "Woody".  That was when I chucked out Windows.

About two years ago, bought this ASUS 64 bit laptop from Linux Emporium.  I now had to get used to Ubuntu so that members of the family  might enjoy Youtube and other videos using Flash.

In the latest LINUX Magazine,  Klaus Knopper outlined how to install the Flash plugin on Debian.

apt-get install flashplugin-nonfree

I added "non free" to my /etc/apt/sources.list  and it worked !

I have now dumped Ubuntu and am running Debian squeeze.
It is great !

I thought I would pass this on.

Geoff