[Gloucs] BT/Yahoo Phishing.

Richard Millington number36 at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Nov 22 17:58:00 UTC 2011

On 22/11/11 17:07, GEOFF BAGLEY wrote:
> Has anyone else, being a btinternet user,  received phishing mails
> purportedly  from BT seeking information on
>
> UserID
> Current Password:
> Occupation:
> Date of Birthy
> Country of residence.
>
> The excuses for requiring this vary from data jams to viruses in my mail server.
>
> They then threaten to close my account if I do not respond !
>
> I would be interested to know who these fools are.
>
> Geoff.

Criminality comes in all shapes and sizes. If no one responded, then
there would be no further e-mails. Unfortunately, people do respond, and
so the phishing continues.
According to the news, the latest scam is with Xbox live gaming. Users
being urged to go to a website (fake of course) and give their card
details for added 'enhancements'.
Conmen (and Women) have been around since man evolved. Today, it is the
internet that is at the forefront. Ah well, so much for man's advancement!

Richard