[Gloucs] Type faces.

Bob Henson robert.h.henson at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 17:04:51 UTC 2011

On Wed, 2011-11-23 at 15:06 +0000, GEOFF BAGLEY wrote:
> I am playing with Debian Icedove.
>
> Who determines the received type font of a message,  the sender or
> the recipient?

The recipient determines the displayed font.

> I am hoping to inclease the size and boldness of incoming mail.

If Icedove is exactly the same as the Thunderbird on which it is based,
the settings are under Edit > Preferences > Display > Formatting >
Advanced. You may need to set different settings depending on the
inbound character encoding - there's a tab at the top of the page to
select different encodings. Thunderbird very confusingly calls them
"languages" not encodings - most are self explanatory, but I recall you
need to set "Other Languages" to cope with UTF-8. It has always been
very difficult in Thunderbird/Icedove.

Regards,

Bob