[Gloucs] Switches for Kenya

Björn Ballard bjorn.ballard at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 12:53:14 UTC 2012

Late as well, but if you or anyone else is interested I have the
following going free to a good home.  Just needs to be collected from
Hucclecote.

Cisco Systems Catalyst 2900 Series XL Switch
Cisco Catalyst 2924 (WS-C2924-XL-EN) 24-Port Gigabit Ethernet Switch

24 port Ethernet switch supporting 10BaseT and 100BaseTX with 2U
rackmount brackets attached.

This item also includes the following installed expansion:
WS-X2922-XL-V 100BaseFX (twin)
A copy of the manual can be found at:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst2900xl_3500xl/2900switches/2900hig/29OVERVU.pdf

This item is used and the casing is slightly scuffed in places but
otherwise in good condition.  The item has been powered up and
Ethernet ports tested, but full testing has not been possible due to
lack of equipment.  Photos available on request.  This was used for a
college project by a friend who has asked me to dispose of it in such
a way that it proves useful to someone, somewhere.

Björn

On 6 June 2012 22:07, Chris J. White <chris at whites.me.uk> wrote:
> All,
>
> Does anyone have any network switches they are getting rid of, I need some for a project I support in Kenya - nothing special, un-managed 10/100 is fine, preferably 16+ ports.
>
> Cheers
>
> Chris
>
> P.S. Sorry if you don't know me, I used to come regularly a few years back but have now become a bit of a lurker!!

Skype: bjorn.ballard
Twitter: bjornballard

Equal Rights, Representation, Education and Welfare