[Gloucs] RPi and samba

Glyn Davies glynd at walmore.com
Sat Sep 29 14:01:41 UTC 2012

Am trying to create a Windows share on one Raspberry Pi using samba
and accessing it from another RPi running RASPBMC. The 'server' Pi is
running Debian wheezy. Bascially I want a share that doesn't need
password (it's for media files). I have tried for two nights now and I
can't get this simple thing to work. Seems others are having similar
problems and it may be to do with the latest samba config in the
latest Debian. Can't get it working with a user+password either.

Anyone have a basic, working smb.conf with a non-passworded share?

--
Best Regards
Glyn Davies