[Gloucs] New Arrival

Gavin Brewer gavinbr at clara.co.uk
Tue Apr 16 15:36:07 UTC 2013

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the rapid answer!

I'm currently working on a security program in Java - basically it will be a 'web service' that provides RSA encryption to any program with the right client plugin.

A classic example would be, say a Thunderbird extension that spits out SOAP requests to the service that exists either locally or on a trusted subnet. The service then processes the SOAP request, does the encryption and sends it back - to be shared with whoever.

At a more fundamental level, the tool can also be used to archive, compress and encrypt data.

I'm still wrestling with the technology stack, (so far Eclipse, Hibernate, and sundry plugins) - the actual encryption services are very well defined in Java, however getting public key certification right may be an issue. ;-)

All the best,

Gavin B.