[Gloucs] Bristol MegaITMeet and future talk

Andrew Ford A.Ford at ford-mason.co.uk
Tue May 14 10:15:16 UTC 2013

The Bristol Meta IT Meet (http://bristol.itmegameet.co.uk/) is being
held at UWE on Saturday 1 June - a technical meet of the various groups
in and around Bristol, from Python and Perl to LUGs and Women in
Computing.  I have volunteered to give a talk - a shortened version of
the RPM Packaging talk I gave to the group a while back. Talks are given
on behalf of a group, so I am giving the talk on behalf of GLUG and will
give a 5-10 minute spiel about the group before the technical part of
the talk.

Secondly, while I was at the Open Source Data Center conference in
Nuremberg I attended a talk on "Chef" - a configuration management
system, similar to puppet.  The speaker it turns out is a technical
director of the opscode, the company behind the technology, and is from
Stroud, and I asked him whether he would be willing to give a talk to
our group.  He said yes, in a couple of months time.  Would people be
interested in this?

Andrew

--
Andrew Ford
South Wing Compton House, Compton Green,
Email:  A.Ford at ford-mason.co.uk