[Gloucs] HTML5 media playback and hi

Paul Broadhead lug at twinmoons.org.uk
Sat Sep 17 12:37:40 UTC 2016

Hello... hello..., anyone there?

Recently, I've noticed an increasing number of websites provide HTML5
media playback without me having to mess about.  I use Firefox on Linux
for my desktop/laptop and do not have flash installed, so I normally
have to pretend to be an Android device to get any video on the BBC for
example.  This week, things started to work properly.  So I looked
around and found this BBC blog post.  Looks like we're finally getting
to a better place for media playback. Hurrah!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/internet/entries/bf4a2ad0-f4a4-43fb-9693-9d2523da0063

Why am I posting to this mailing list? A few years ago, this was where I
would choose to share such joy.  The list has been quiet for quite a
while, and we have not met face-to-face for a long time, so I wondered
if anyone was still interested in this group? What are people doing
Linux related these days?  My approach has not changed much other than
having rather more Raspberry Pi devices around the place. I'm doing more
Javascript & Python and less C/C++ than before and have moved most of my
Database usage to MongoDB.  I still find no appeal in Perl (sorry if
Tony is reading).  Anyway, hi to anyone reading...

Regards,
Paul