[Herefordshire] Agenda for August Herefordshire Lug meeting

Julian Robbins joolsr at fastmail.fm
Wed Aug 18 18:40:45 BST 2004

Hi everyone

Tomorrows LUG meeting will be at the Spread Eagle pub in the centre of
Hereford. We shall be near the back of the pub, behind the second bar.
Hopefully Noel will bring his Tux (Linux Penguin Mascot) if we ask him
nicely !

If you don't where it is follow the signs to the Cathedral. It is very near
there on King St.

http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?client=public&X=351000.82248738&Y=240000.771437877&width=700&height=400&gride=351003.82248738&gridn=240020.771437877&srec=0&coordsys=gb&db=freegaz&addr1=&addr2=&addr3=&pc=&advanced=&local=&localinfosel=&kw=&inmap=&table=&ovtype=&zm=0&scale=5000&multimap.x=264&multimap.y=353

Noel has an agenda to discuss but can I ask if anyone has any ideas that they
want mentioned beforehand to reply to this list. That way we can be prepared.

One item up for discussion, is finding a suitable meeting place for next
month's meeting. The consensus was at the last mtg that we vary the location
around to suit members all over the county.

Carl mentioned a pub in Bodenham between Leominster/ Hereford, anyone with any
other suggestions ?

It needs

a) a decent sized car park,

b) Beer and food

c) reasonable access, ie car/bus/train

d) friendly landlord ;-)

e) A quieter area for the group

Have a think, we can discuss tomorrow on this. Eventually we would like a
place to call our own . But this is the plan for now.

Also on the agenda is the new website for the Herefordshire LUG. I propose to
use 'Mambo' (www.mamboserver.com) to create a full Content Management System,
(fully Open Source of course ;-) ), to allow any member to be able to add
news, content, add , events, mtgs, etc just through a web browser. That way
it keeps the load off just one person. I am happy to set the site up, but I
look after a few already so hope that we can make this a shared effort.

More details on this tomorrow. Unfortunately, I cannot demonstrate a site
because i dont have a suitable laptop to bring along sadly ... If you have a
laptop that you can bring along with wireless & broadband (!!)) pls do.
Surprising there are some pubs in Hereford with Wireless Broadband access - I
haven't tried them yet ...

So, hope to catch you all tomorrow. If you didnt make it last month, please
make an extra effort to do so tomorrow. It's YOUR group and the more you put
in, the more you get out.

Regards

Julian Robbins