[Herefordshire] Paying DVD

Noel McG. herlinux at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 7 17:50:31 GMT 2004

Hello,

Are DVD's platform specific?  The reason I ask is that in yesterdays paper
was a DVD.  I tried it on my Linux box but it did not seem to mount and
there was no CD icon showing on the desktop.

I loaded CrossOver office and then Windows media player and tried again.
Still nothing happened.

I tried using the default linux video programme but it did not seem to load
anything.  However with a bit of fiddling in the menu I found a DVD option.
This resulted in the DVD playing.

There was still do icon showing on the desktop.    What I am wondering is
whether Mandrake was playing the DVD or was it something from CrossOver
office/Media player that was helping things along.

Noel.

--
Herefordshire Linux Users Group
www.herefordshire.lug.org.uk

---
This outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.