[Herefordshire] Music software & best distro for it? - request for comments

Matt Rhys-Roberts matt.rhys-roberts at q-par.com
Fri Oct 1 11:21:37 BST 2004

Greetings all,

Does anybody here do any music production (i.e. much WAV and MIDI
editing operations) under Linux? Which distro do you use, which one/s
are known to work best or worst, etc?

I'm on the verge of getting my 1.3GHz Asus Terminator pc going again
(it woke up yesterday with a stone dead Seagate Barracuda HDD that had
hardly seen any working life at all - just my bad luck??)

I wish to stay clear of M$'s depressing stranglehold on software, so
I'm going throwing all my eggs into a Linux box this time.

I've heard of "Dyne:bolic" as a recommended audio production suite,
however I'm open to all suggestions and info on this field.

Thanks! Have a pleasant weekend

Matt Rhys-Roberts
Leominster