[Herefordshire] Installing Mandrake

Julian Robbins joolsr at fastmail.fm
Thu Sep 23 18:38:04 BST 2004

On Thursday 23 Sep 2004 10:52, Michael & Sue wrote:
> Julian,
> Thank you for that.  Installed succesfully - now all I have to do is get
> everything - e.g. scanners, printers, internet connection etc., working
>
> Michael

I'm pleased that the info helped. :-) Come along to the meetings sometime, so
taht we can all put faces to names :-)

Helping with getting devices working is a little simpler in that you usually
know what you are up against.

These days more and more devices work well under Linux - but there will be
some devices that are always a problem - ie winmodems, winprinters tec.

Best advice is to use google as much as possible. All the info is out there
its just a case of finding it !!

If you have any problems please send out to the mailing list - we cant always
help but we will try if we have time, and the knowledge

Now, just about to install Mandrake 10.1 Community - do I upgrade or install
afresh .......