[Herefordshire] Via Velocity NIC

Andrew Hodgson andrew at hodgsonfamily.org
Mon Apr 18 21:56:41 BST 2005

Hi,

Has anyone here got any flavour of Linux to detect a Via Velocity Nic?
I can get Debian on a 2.6 kurnel to detect it, but it fails to find a
DHCP server (there is one), and it then fails to continue when I press
continue on the installer screen.  I am wondering whether to give this
card up and put in a Realtek or similar?  I probably have one lying
around, or an older Compaq/Intel that came out of a machine I sold last
year.

Any thoughts?

On another tack, I am trying to image my disk so that if things go wrong
on this live machine I can go back, but unfortunately I am yet to find
something that (again) detects this card.  I have tried Ghost with the
NDIS drivers but no luck.  Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks.
Andrew.