[Herefordshire] help - IPcop 1.4.5 / Speedtouch 330 v4 / Demon

Matt Rhys-Roberts matt.rhys-roberts at q-par.com
Wed Apr 20 12:06:11 BST 2005

Seems I have a further problem, where IPcop complains that I have no
Alcatel firmware installed, presumably in the modem. Choosing the
correct v4 firmware file appears easy enough, but the button to upload
it has the name of the v3 file permanently written on it! Although the
upload process appears successful, saving the dialup settings complains
again that the firmware is missing. I also keep getting "profile has
errors" on the System -> Home ipcop page, and can't seem to find the
usual connect/disconnect buttons.

So I'm stuck in a loop with neither experience nor instructions.

*** Slap-up meal and travel expenses available to anyone who'd like to
step in and help me get this fixed. ***

Best Regards,
Matt Rhys-Roberts
Leominster