[HLUG] Problem with editing the foomatic-gui package

Graham Cole g at gcole.uklinux.net
Fri Aug 5 21:34:44 BST 2005

Hi all
I'm using gedit to change foomatic-gui. I want 'import gtkhtml2' to read
'import gtkhtml3.6' because I have 3.6 available and not the 2 version.
The package has text colour highlighting invoked and when I write in the
3.6 in place of 2 I get the last two characters changing to magenta!
(gtkhtml3 is in black). I assume that the name of a package for
importing is restricted to only 9 characters, and the change of colour
implies that the package name has ended.
The change of colour is important as it does not allow the package to be
imported. Can someone suggest a way round this problem please?
Graham