[HLUG] tim

Tim Hg80 at nerdshack.com
Tue Dec 20 14:26:19 GMT 2005

Firstly i'm using a ASUS nforce 4 sli motherboard with a fan on the
chipset and have no problems with it and from reading reviews on the net
and magazines the motherboard i own is best for gaming.
Secondly there is no huge difference in the Nforce  4 and Nforce 4 Ultra.
Nforce Ultra has support for SATA II
Nforce Ultra has better sound
umm think thats it

Anywayz in my personal opinion  i would go for  his motherboard its the
same as mine the ASUS
http://www.dabs.com/productview.aspx?Quicklinx=3KGX&SearchType=1&SearchTerms=motherboard+939+pcie&PageMode=3&SearchKey=All&SearchMode=All&NavigationKey=0
ok its about £20 more expensive then the low end Nforce 4 board but it
is the most reliable and fastest nforce board out there plus if you want
to upgrade in a few moths / years time then u can do a nice upgrade by
buying a second  graphics card and using SLI which will increase games
performance by about %30-40 for a low price. Also i would use the
onboard souns as its 7.1 surround sound and it doesn't sound bad at all.

Tim

j michaelson wrote:
> hi tim,
>
> you gave me some advice on motherboards at the meal, but my memory
> isn't that great so i've lost most of it.
>
> a lot of motherboards that i'm looking at have the nforce4 chipset and
> some have the nforce4 ultra chipset. is it the ultras that i should be
> looking at?
>
> thanks.
> john.

Get Thunderbird!