[Herefordshire] Re Logo

Julian Robbins joolsr at fastmail.fm
Wed Feb 2 08:36:55 GMT 2005

Wow

I think this is our longest thread on the group yet ;-) Well its good
that the members have an interest in such things as the logo!

We're getting closer. The current latest design is at the (temporary
location for the new site) i.e. :-

http://www.phil-taylor.co.uk/~hlugorg/

The text needs moving still, and I decided to go with an orange
background as part of the overall site design. Sadly I dont want to
deliberate much over the site layout and colours, as i'm sure everyone
would have a  different idea on how to lay it out ;-)

I decided on the three panel, two panel sidebars as it gives us maximum
flexibility with regard to module design. The site is designed in Mambo
(Phil Taylor, one of our members was till very recently a core developer
of this Open Source Content Management Software). I hope to get Phil
along to give us a chat on Mambo very soon, (well at least when the site
is ready).

I have just seen Ben's latest design with tux on the left. Its not far
away now.

BTW I do like the brightness of the orange ! We should NOT shy away from
being bright, vivacious and exciting, make computing FUN ! The freedoms
you get with Linux have certainly put the 'wow'  factor back into
computing for me. I hope by capturing this, and the spirit of 'you can
do anything today' with Linux that we can forge ahead.

Julian