[Herefordshire] Vector Linux

Julian Robbins joolsr at fastmail.fm
Wed Jan 19 00:21:31 GMT 2005

Hi Andrew

Straight from the website :-

VL 4.3 Hardware Requirements

The minimum hardware requirements to run VectorLinux 4.3 are a 166 MHz
Pentium class processor with 32 MB of RAM memory, and just 850 MB of
hard disc space (*).

To have a more comfortable experience with VectorLinux 4.3 we would
recommend a 233 MHz (MMX) processor with 64 MB of memory as a minimum.

(*) 835 MB of space for the installation plus 64 MB of swap space is the
very minimum.
Extra space would be required for additional applications and / or your
personal files.

RAM is very important too. a 166P I with 128MB RAM is probably as good
as a 300MHz PII with only 32MB ram .. Mind you old ram isn't so cheap
nowadays.

Julian