[Herefordshire] IPcop troubles

Noel McG. herlinux at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 27 15:44:15 GMT 2005

Hello all,

My struggle with various aspects of Linux continues.

I have a Win box and a Linux box.  Now that I have broadband am hoping to
use an old PC as a firewall box.

I have installed Ipcop, filled in the various options including the asked
for passwords for hostname 'ipcop' and domain name 'localdomain' according
to the instructions. When I re-boot and try to get into the system the
passwords come up as invalid.   I have now re-installed three times and am
getting rather fed up with the whole thing.

What am I doing wrong or do I need to enter something different at the
command prompt?

Regards,

Noel.

--