[Herefordshire] Possible cluster talk

Malcolm Herbert mherbert at redhat.com
Fri Jan 28 19:26:05 GMT 2005

assuming HA clusters rather high performance clusters ?

I can arrange a build/demo evening for HA clusters using Clustersuite /
LVM / LVS (Pirahna etc). Also should be able to get my hands on the
necessary hardware...

Malcolm

On Fri, 2005-01-28 at 15:04, Chris Bond wrote:
> > Reacting to the suggestion of a cluster talk/demo at our next
> > meeting, I emailed Steve Whitehouse from ChyGwyn, a linux
> > consultancy in Swansea, and asked about the possibility of
> > him giving a talk. I know Steve has talked about clusters for
> > UKUUG in the past so I think he would be a great person for
> > the job. He seems keen to come and give a talk but wants to
> > know more precisely what we want to hear:
>
> 1. How mysql can interact with replication/fallover
> 2. Full service fallover
> 3. Disk fallover
>
> That's everything really isnt it?

Dr Malcolm Herbert
Manager, Client Development             GPS, Red Hat Europe
m: +44 7720 079845   w: people.redhat.com/mherbert
GPG ID:  C051F446
GPG FPR: 68AD CBDD 8EEB 63ED 0802  4B8E A5B3 EB72 C051 F446