[Herefordshire] Mandrake misbehaving

Noel McG. herlinux at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 2 14:44:46 BST 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ben Stephens" <foolfodder at gmail.com>
To: "Herefordshire Linux Users Group." <herefordshire at mailman.lug.org.uk>
Sent: Thursday, June 02, 2005 2:06 PM
Subject: Re: [Herefordshire] Mandrake misbehaving

I may be on the wrong track entirely but does startx do anything?

Yes, it brings up a long page of text saying that X is not this, not that
etc and telling you to look at a log file which it specifies.   That however
comes up as an error.
I think that what this all comes to is that X is either not properly
installed/loaded in the first place.

 think I found my Xorg.log file in /var/log called Xorg.0.log

Ben