[Herefordshire] HLUG meetings

M.E.R.C Henry at merconline.co.uk
Sun Jun 19 18:05:25 BST 2005

I would be happy to host as far as location and hardware goes, I can provide
as much hardware as needed and I have quite a bit of room to have up to 30
people here, maybe we could have a BBQ and Beer while

We setup a small Linux network
User accounts
Internet access
Desktop Sharing
Webserver
SSH, TELNET

something like that ?

1PCs as a server, as router
RJ-45 Switch
5PCs as Clients

As I say I can provide the hardware and location for an event like this but
im not 100% sure that my network skills are that good yet on linux although
I do most of what I have listed above, im not sure that im doing it
correctly and securely, this is something I would be very interested in as
an event.
great idea Andrew!

If any one is interested in doing this .The hardware is all stuff I have in
use here as a small gaming network so they can all be wiped and setup clean
and configured with any linux so distribution options are unlimited if you
can provide them and some of your time. This would be a great help to many
of us linux intermediates.

Henry