[Herefordshire] X Session on a windows 2000 server

David Shorthouse kungfu at globalnet.co.uk
Mon Jun 20 18:58:11 BST 2005

Hi All,

Justa a quick thanks to box & Julian for there ideas regarding using X
instead of VNC I can now create an X session on my win2k machine using
cygwin It is like being on the machine.FAB. I also tried connecting using
VNC to the Linux machine while not logged in. again It worked a treat... I
basically have to type 192.168.0.88:1 when using my VNC client. Again many
thanks.

Next question. After working out you can use VNC without logging in as a
user first. Is it possible to create a connection to the internet via a ADSL
modem? so it Connects to the internet without being logged in as a user?

Hey I'm starting to enjoy playing with Linux again.... I was there creating
an X session for about 3 hours & when I connected I was running around the
room like a nutter.. :)

I hope everyone is enjoying this sunshine I know im not that's why im
playing on the computer getting all these bits to work :)

Dave