[Herefordshire] Re: Windows NT Attachments

Chris Owens cowens at clara.co.uk
Tue Jun 28 12:12:29 BST 2005

Hi folks,

    Please forgive desperate plea for a solution to a non-Linux (naturally
Windows)
problem.

Am using Outlook Express 6 (6.00.2800.1106) running on Windows Professional
2000 NT.

.TXT and .JPG e-mail attachments appear, from the time taken, to come in
successfully attached to their messages - no problem. Clicking on the
message 'Safety Pin' reveals the titles of the attachments greyed out and
inaccessible. Clicking on the message title in the Inbox shows a message "OE
removed access from the following unsafe attachments: Titles of the
attachments". Clicking on the message Properties gives all the transmission
date and shows any part of the attachment that is text based but nothing of
any pictures and the like.

.DOC attachments from Word come in OK and can be opened without a problem.

I am damned if I can find any setting security or otherwise to change  not
to mention anything remotely helpful in 'Help' to get over this but it
really is a b----- nuisance and I don't think originally there was a
problem -
another of Gates' too clever by far cockups. Can anything be changed to
access the attachments as they are or do they have to be re-imported after
the required adjustment whatever that is.

Many thanks and eternally grovelling

Chris O