[Herefordshire] How do I specify a auto - timeout for a modemconnection?

Julian Robbins joolsr at fastmail.fm
Wed Mar 2 00:36:34 GMT 2005

Hi

Thanks Andrew,

I agree with what you've found. Some sites, do allow a disconnect,
because there is no traffic passing upward or downward, but there's many
that keep an active connection, so do not allow the connection to drop.
The only way I can get it to work, is to make sure that the web broswer
window is closed too.

By the way, has your area got ADSL as yet ?? I know virtually all the
county's exchanges will be enabled by July this year.

Julian