[Herefordshire] Linux Laptop

Noel McG. herlinux at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 5 06:23:21 GMT 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Andrew Hodgson" <andrew at hodgsonfamily.org>
To: "Herefordshire Linux Users Group." <herefordshire at mailman.lug.org.uk>
Sent: Friday, March 04, 2005 10:23 PM
Subject: RE: [Herefordshire] Linux Laptop

From: herefordshire-bounces at mailman.lug.org.uk
[mailto:herefordshire-bounces at mailman.lug.org.uk] On Behalf Of David
Reid
Sent: 04 March 2005 20:53

>http://www.tiny.com/packages.php?prodid=13675

Interestingly I saw this only today as my sister is going to college
this coming year and received a pack in with a load of other stuff.  I
only went to the site because I thought they were bust?

The original firm 'Tiny' did go bust and were taken over by 'Time'.  Time
then sold machines that Tiny had left and seemed to re-sell under the Tiny
brand.  However this site seems to imply a 'Tiny' brand on its own.

The OS that
comes with it is Lindows, which now has a new name.  I read a review
somewhere which said it was quite expensive (i.e, the Lindows add-on
software), but not sure whether this is still the case.

Lindows has renamed itself as Linspire after a suite with MS which MS won.
It is here http://www.linspire.com/.   The price used to be reasonable.  I
have the Developer 4.5 if anyone is interested.

 Not sure what
sort of reputation this company now has but will look through Google.

Andrew.

Noel.