[Herefordshire] Newbie Question: File Server

David Shorthouse kungfu at globalnet.co.uk
Wed May 4 18:42:28 BST 2005

Hi Ben,

A fileserver is what it says it is. A server that serves files whether
backup files or important documents. What happens you get your users to save
all important information on the fileserver So when you do a backup all
important information is saved. You do this by creating a file share(if this
is the correct term in Linux I don't know) not sure how on Linux still
learning.

A file server can also hold information like user emails rather than having
the information on each individual client machine it can be held on the
server.
Normally Its a good idea to have a good spec machine but if its just for
home use I don't really think it will matter?

I hope this helps at least a bit :)

Dave