[Herefordshire] Newbie Question: File Server

Noel McG. herlinux at hotmail.com
Sun May 8 17:51:55 BST 2005

Hello Ben,

This is from someone else who was explaining something similar to me.

"PowerMac 9600, an old model but they make good Linux servers."  These and
similar, are apparently quite cheap on e-bay as they will not run the latest
Mac OS, but they are fine with Linux; and a lot cheaper than a new Dell
server.

Noel.

I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice about setting up a
fairly basic fileserver for a network

Or possibly something a little more exotic like a mac mini or a
mini-itx system but it would probably be best to steer clear of
something like that if it's likely to get complicated.

Thanks, Ben