[Herefordshire] Make Linux Flashy

Graham Cole g at gcole.uklinux.net
Wed May 11 08:22:23 BST 2005

On Mon, 2005-05-09 at 19:15 -0400, EdwardFW at aol.com wrote:
> Hi
>
> I wish to flash the BIOS on my laptop. I have the file to run to make
> a bootable floppy
>
> I have now spent a lot of time on this. I have learnt a smidgeon more
> but I have run out of options so more waste of time could some kind
> person produce a floppy for me from the file  SP28651.tar  which can
> be found at:
>
> http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/hpcpqnk/us/download/21685.html
>
> (Note: For reasons best known to HP this url shows "…21685" but the
> web page it refers to provides the file "…28651" which is what is
> wanted. Confirmation is at the bottom of the page where can be seen
> "HP Compaq Business Notebook nx5000   All Models" - I have an HP
> nx5000 laptop)
>
> It is a matter of extracting from the SP28651.tar file then from a
> shell running the command:
> sh sp28651.sh
> Then "follow the on-screen instructions to create either a bootable
> diskette or a CD"
>
> Regards,  Edward Fowler-Wright

Hi Edward
I have downloaded the file SP28651.tar, which is supposedly for SuSe
Linux but I hope I can make the floppy with my Ubuntu. I have a lot of
sympathy as I had a run-around job updating the BIOS on my oldish Dell
for the sake of Flashy!
I'll let you know if/when I get the floppy done.
Graham