[Herefordshire] Open Source Software in schools

Julian Robbins joolsr at fastmail.fm
Tue May 31 23:03:56 BST 2005

Hi all

I know its a bit off our normal tack, but if any of you have an interest
in your local school you may like to have a look at the below.

The report finally indicates unequivocal support for OSS and Linux in
schools.

Dont forget, if you are interested, it takes no time to burn off a copy
of OpenOffice and let them have a look.

The Beta version of OpenOffice2 is especially good, and is much more
aesthetically pleasing than its earlier predessor. This really will make
a difference when it is released.

More local councils are also investigating OSS software. In fact 50%
said they would strongly consider a change over the next 3 years.

I wonder where Herefordshire council sit on this matter? Perhaps we
should lobby them to look into Linux and OSS. Put the LUG to good use,
now that we have reached our first 'real' birthday.

If anyone has any contacts there, we'll invite them to come along...

Julian

--
Best Regards,
Julian Robbins

Applications Engineer
julian.robbins at q-par.com

*** If you'd like to keep in touch with our company why
don't you subscribe to our FREE Q-par Angus E-news ?
Published every 3 months with news, product and
technical information and advice on all aspects of
microwave engineering. ***

  ***  Click on the link below to sign up NOW  !! ***

  http://e-news.q-par.com/cgi-bin/mojo/mojo.cgi?email

Q-par Angus Ltd
Barons Cross Laboratories
Leominster