[HLUG] The project story so far...

Mark Broadbent markb at wetlettuce.com
Fri Oct 7 22:12:48 BST 2005

Hi All,

So on the project related front we have the following suggestions:

1. In-car Linux-based MP3 player
2. Linux from Scratch built on a server and also onto a flash-based system
3. Speech synthesis program
4. Hard drive mileometer
5. Network Theory and Best Practise Reference Guide
6. Wiki beginners reference
7. Build a PC using the Xen virtual machine technology

An interesting mix of hardware/software and referential ideas.  I think
the Wiki is a good idea whatever.  I'm not suggesting it such replace
the Mambo site, but I need to talk to Phil about the long term hosting
of it, as he seems to have moved to Estonia...

In true questionnaire style I decided that the best way to to find the
first HLUG project would be as follows:

-- 8< --

Please rank each project suggestion with a preference from 1 to 7.

1: [ ] 2: [ ] 3: [ ]
4: [ ] 5: [ ] 6: [ ]
7: [ ]

-- 8< --

I'll use the overly complicated Condorcet [1] method to decide which one
has won!

Thanks
Mark

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Condorcet_method