[HLUG] Anyone used SUSE disks that were given out at some meeting?

Andrew Hodgson andrew at hodgsonfamily.org
Thu Sep 1 19:30:50 BST 2005

Hi,

I am upgrading a server at work to SUSE 9.0 enterprise from the freeby
disks that Novell had given out when they merged with Suse.  The
question is - does anyone know if these are trialware or will they
continue to function?  I have already done a lot of work on the system
(mainly compiling/fixing Qmail etc), and don't want the system to burn
out over 90 days.  All the suggestions I have seen re trialware
identification have seen that this probably isn't trialware, though I
can't download any updates from the Yast component without a
username/password obviously going to cost me money.

Anyone any thoughts?  I really would like to use Debian, but Suse just
detects everything out of the box, and does install a good mix of
compilation tools (i.e, everything seems to compile well), and there is
a GUI interface for when other people need to do the network config etc
on the system.

Thanks.

Andrew.