[HLUG] Broadband connection

Graham Cole g at gcole.uklinux.net
Tue Feb 28 21:26:17 GMT 2006

It seems that Linux is not given an equal chance by broadband providers.
Schemes which offer free modems assume the customer will use Windoze or
a Mac. My own ISP offers only an expensive unlimited download service
and I have failed to find a low cost, limited monthly-download scheme
which would suit a Linux only system.
The marketing of broadband has not made things at all clear for
prospective customers on any website I looked at but BT were the
clearest so far.
I don't suppose any HLUG member uses a low tech broadband service for
Linux?
Graham